KSAU-HSThe College was established by Royal Decree No. 3-B-53278, dated January 1, 2004 (9 Dhu al-Qadih 1424) and issued by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz.  It was founded in response to a need for health education in the Kingdom: while the demand for health-related services remains high, Saudi nationals comprise less than 20% of workers in the healthcare sector.

  

In September 2004, the College of Medicine opened its doors to the inaugural batch of 30 students.   For the first three years the College only accepted students holding Bachelor's degrees, but in 2007, a second program was started for students coming in directly from high school.  The College aims to accommodate 300 male students and 200 female students annually.

An updated recount of the College of Medicine's history is available through this Documentary Video.